The Bough House is owned by Tiffany Carbonneau and Brian Harper, who purchased the home from John Black and his family after they had lived in the home for 75 years. The home is listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service.
On the National Register of Historic Places, the home is named the “Huncilman-Briscoe House” after Tinner Bert Huncilman, who built the home for his mother, Annis Huncilman in 1902. Ms. Huncilman (pictured below with the house in 1904) was the widow of Andros Huncilman who originally owned and developed the Cedar Bough area. She moved to this house from her home at 839 Cedar Bough following her husband’s death. By 1909 the house became the home of George A. Briscoe and family.
The image above was taken in 1904, two years after the house was built. Seated on the porch is Annis Huncilman (middle) with Stella and May Huncilman.